||The Spotcheck device is a microprocessor-controlled, handheld machinery condition monitoring tool that measures mechanical
vibrations using an attached accelerometer sensor and an integrated infrared thermal sensor.
The Spotcheck device provides a cost-effective introduction to vibration-based condition monitoring. It has a simple four-button user interface, a compact yet rugged IP64-certified case, and a long-life (>48 hour) rechargeable battery pack. Its automated ISO alarm features require no specialist user training or external software.
By comparing vibration velocity levels against international ISO standards, the Spotcheck device can automatically display simple, easy to understand machinery health alarms that quickly indicate the fitness of machinery to operate.
When measuring bearing vibrations, the device can be configured to display alarms that may indicate existing or approaching bearing failures or seizures. These alarms are generated by analyzing velocity or acceleration measurements at the higher frequencies typically associated with bearing defects (above 1 kHz).
In addition to its vibration measurement capabilities, the Spotcheck device includes an integrated non-contact IR thermal sensor and laser pointer. This sensor enables temperature measurements to be taken safely and accurately from distances of up to 2 meters (6.5 feet) away, locating potential mechanical problems before expensive failures occur.
The Spotcheck device's measurement and alarm capabilities, together with temperature readings, enable you to quickly evaluate the condition of machinery and determine whether further diagnostic investigation is required.
- Overall vibration measurements in velocity (IPS RMS), acceleration (g peak) and displacement (mil Pk-Pk)
- Automatic ISO 10816-3:2009 alarm assessments
- Automatic bearing status checks
- Temperature measurement - Non-contact IR sensor, -4 °F to 248 °F from up to 6.5 feet away
- 128 x 64 pixel monochromatic LCD display - Viewing area 1.2" x 0.6"
- Single BNC input
- 650 nm class 2 laser pointer - Used for temperature sensor targeting
- Stinger probe for small or hard-to-reach measurement locations
- >48 hour battery life with 3 hour quick charge
- (4.6" x 3" x 0.9")
- Light weight (0.5 lb)
- IP64 - Dust tight and splash resistant
Spotcheck Device Kit
- Spotcheck device
- 3.6 V, 1700 mA rechargeable lithium battery pack
- 100 mV/g accelerometer sensor with integrated 80 cm cable - BNC connector
- Magnetic accelerometer base
- Accelerometer stinger probe attachment
- Mains battery charger - AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz input; 4.2 V DC 600 mA output
- In-car battery charger - DC 12-24 V input; 4.2 V DC 600 mA output
- Instrument reference guide
- Hard carry case
Spotcheck is available from your local Commtest Distributor.
If you are in the USA or Canada, you can purchase Spotcheck online, directly from Instrumart
Spotcheck Quick Start Guide
Spotcheck Reference Guide